Sunday 9 May 2010

Second look: Let Me In

ca-vegas25The LA Times has an interview with Matt Reeves, director of Let Me In, who says this about his Let The Right One In remake:

"I think because of Cloverfield, people have an assumption, which is, 'Oh, crazy handicam, he's going to jazz it up'. And I think that's probably what a lot of people were afraid of when they thought of the most cynical version. And that's the last thing we tried to do. We tried to create the approaching, foreboding dread of movies like The Shining, where you feel like something wicked is unraveling and it's not going to end well. That's what I responded to about the original, the juxtaposition of those tones, this very disturbing story but at the center of it there are these very tender emotions. That's a very unusual mix, and that's what drew me in and dug into me."

Read the full article here. Pictured above: Abby (Chloe Moretz) and Owen (Kodi Smit-McPhee).

No comments: