Saturday 3 October 2009

Toy Story 3D

Took a time out yesterday to see Toy Story in 3D and what a delight it was. I hadn't seen Pixar's debut feature on the big screen since it first came out, an incredible 15 years ago, and realised that I hadn't seen it in its entirety since then, either. The magic, creativity, humour, and joy that was present first time round, is still there. In spades. And the 3D works a treat, too.

Unlike the US where audiences are being treated to a Toy Story 3D double bill, here in the UK the films are being re-released individually, with Toy Story 2 out early next year. I wonder how many people will go to this expecting to see the third film and not just a third dimension. Much like the dad with his young son who sat next to me...

3 comments:

Gerard said...

Cannot wait for this. Pity I'm going to have to - we get the double bill in late January...

Mark Salisbury said...

That's a bummer.

I'm lucky enough to be going to see Toy Story 2 at the LFF this month.

And finally seeing Up later today!

bill said...

I saw it this weekend.I'd never seen it at the cinema before but I completely agree with you that it's stood the test of time.