Monday 10 August 2009

In The Loop

Finally caught up with Armando Iannucci's In The Loop on DVD the other night and if there's a funnier, more profane and acerbic comedy released this year I'll gladly eat my (metaphorical) hat. I haven't laughed out load so many times since I don't know when. (Yes, I know, I hooted throughout Superbad, but that was so base compared to this scathing political satire.) Brilliantly played by Peter Capaldi, Labour spin doctor Malcolm Tucker is a monster with a potty mouth and bite worse than anything in the animal kingdom. Now I know swearing isn't funny (okay, sometimes it is) but Tucker's colourful and imaginative use of coarse language is close to poetic. In The Loop is available in the US as a VOD as well as on a limited theatrical run. Find it. Watch it.

3 comments:

Gerard said...

I saw this recently as the MIFF (we don't get it theatrically until Boxing Day - no shit) and loved every minute. I've never seen The Thick of It. I intend to rectify this.

Mark Salisbury said...

Have to admit, I've not seen the Thick Of It either.

Unknown said...

difficult difficult lemon difficult!