Friday 26 October 2007

Scary movies

With Halloween swiftly approaching, and people's thoughts turning to all things scary, I figured I'd join in the ghoulish fun and share a few of my favourite fright moments between now and then, beginning with Robert Wise's 1963 classic The Haunting which I first watched only about seven or eight years, late one Friday night on TNT, and which scared the bejesus out of me. Unlike the bloated Jan De Bont remake, Wise's film relied on minimal (if any) special effects and the power of suggestion. In fact, I don't think I've ever been as frightened as an adult watching a movie as I was watching this.

2 comments:

Gerard said...

Excellent choice! This is one of my all-time favourites and a late-night staple when I feel like being creeped the hell out before bedtime.

Gerard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.