Monday 30 November 2009

20 Questions for Jason Reitman

Jason Reitman's Up In The Air wins fans every time it screens, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pick up a fair few awards in the coming months.

My old Premiere colleague Anne Thompson puts 20 questions to Reitman, starting with:

1. Are you a compulsive airline miles collector?
JR: I think when Walter Kirn wrote this book, Up in the Air, he was talking about the idea of collecting miles, ironically, but when I read it, I thought, ‘Oh, someone understands me, I’m not alone in the universe!’ I do collect air miles religiously and I did go on a mile run once—a mileage run is when you simply go on a flight at the end of the year to maintain your status. I flew from LA to Chicago, landed, picked up a Giordano’s pizza, got back on the plane, flew home to LA, picking up the necessary 2500 miles or so necessary to hit status for the following year.

Read the rest here.

3 comments:

Gerard said...

Good piece, that.

Seeing this the day after tomorrow, too.

Mark Salisbury said...

Enjoy.

Gerard said...

Meant to ask, have you seen it yet? I certainly enjoyed, but wouldn't for example, include it in a list of favourites for 2009.