Friday 4 December 2009

Happy Birthday Dude

I don't normally indulge in birthday greetings, but I figured I could make an exception for Jeff Bridges who turns 60 today. The guy's a legend in my book, a brilliant actor who's never had the rub of the gold when it comes to Oscar. I haven't seen Crazy Heart yet but I hear Bridges might be on track to finally pick up that little golden bloke.

It's hard to pick a favourite Bridges performance, there have been so many, and while the headline might lead you to believe I'm going to opt for The Big Lebowski, I think I'm going to have to say Starman.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

STARMAN?! Really?! To quote the Dude, "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." ; )

I dunno... it is really hard to pin down a fave... probably either FABULOUS BAKER BOYS, BIG LEBOWSKI or AMERICAN HEART.

Mark Salisbury said...

I went for Starman mainly because I love that film and I love what Bridges brought to the role but could have easily gone for Baker Boys or a whole raft of other great performances. I even love him in Against All Odds.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, he was good in AGAINST ALL ODDS. Plus, you've got James Woods in there as well! The DVD is a real treat as the two actors do an audio commentary together. It's pretty funny hearing Woods good-naturedly busting Bridges' chops over various things in the film.