Monday 6 October 2008

They speak!

I spent four days on the set of The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions some years back covering the production for Premiere but never got to speak to the Wachowski brothers. I walked past them a few times, stood (relatively) close to them while they were directing, but no words were ever exchanged. Which was a real shame because I was a huge fan of both Bound and The Matrix. And, as it turned out, I was one of the minority who really liked Speed Racer. Roger Ebert bumped into the guys at a screening of The Godfather in Chicago. Here's his report.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

just saw Speed Racer this weekend (twice). thought it was spectacular! i'm an easy audience for the bright colors and fast cars. sure, it was predictable and blah blah blah i don't really know why it was panned. it was FUN to watch. i was quite happy when the credits started to roll.

Mark Salisbury said...

I agree. Don't know why it got so much stick.

Gerard said...

I've noticed Speed Racer has been getting a whole bundle of pretty great DVD reviews. About bloody time.

Also, on blu-ray (the US release is region-free), it looks RIDICULOUSLY good...

Mark Salisbury said...

Although I've read some that were moaning the extras weren't as good as they'd hoped... True?