Thursday 8 May 2008

What the %$*&

My old Premiere pal Glenn Kenny has had his position at premiere.com terminated, making him yet another casualty of the axe that has been decimating film critics of late. Glenn is one of the most knowledgeable, erudite, passionate film writers I know and I hope he finds another outlet for his talents tout suite. What Glenn's exit means for the future of premiere.com itself, I do not know.

Elsewhere, Warner Brothers has closed both its speciality divisions, Picturehouse and Warner Independent.

What a day...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For those who are interested, Glenn's got his own, indie blog up and running:

http://somecamerunning.typepad.com/

Mark Salisbury said...

Yep, I saw that he'd gotten that up and running. I don't think he'll be without a home for long.