Monday 14 September 2009

Rare and unseen Star Wars

I'm part of the Star Wars generation, one of those kids who was raised on George Lucas' original trilogy (although, I have to admit, I never liked Return Of The Jedi). I collected the toys, the trading cards, the poster magazines, and, later, the videos and laserdiscs. Then came Parts 1-3, and while I wasn't one of those who claimed that Lucas raped my childhood, I was profoundly disappointed by what the series had become, a disappointment that has, alas, slightly soured my attachment to both Star Wars and Empire, neither of which I haven't watched in years. TotalFilm.com has uncovered a series of behind-the-scenes images from both Star Wars and Empire, and looking through them I experienced a warm, nostalgic glow and was reminded just why I loved those two films so much.



2 comments:

Stram said...

I'm a little too young to be the star-wars generation kids, but my older brothers made me watch it when I was a kid, and I keep watching it since. Those pics are really sweet!

Mark Salisbury said...

And from a more innocent era.

If only Lucas could have recaptured what made those films so great when he made the last three...