Saturday 26 September 2009

The Book Of Eli



I've always had a soft spot for post-apocalyptic tales, be they in literature or on the big screen, and I really like the look of this one. It marks the return of the Hughes Brothers who I met several times while they were making From Hell and later interviewed for Premiere over an expensive and highly entertaining dinner at Mr Chow's in London. It's written by an ex-film journalist turned screenwriter by the name of Gary Whitta, a Brit who nows lives in the US. And it was through Whitta that talented British comic book artist Chris Weston became involved in the project, taking time out from illustrating The Twelve to storyboard the movie (see examples below). You can read about Weston's involvement on his blog here.


3 comments:

Lloyd said...

So glad you picked up on Chris's work, he's literally based over the road from me, down here on the sunny south coast. He's a great guy and deserves the opportunities and admoration he gets from his involvement in this project.

Mark Salisbury said...

I'm a big fan of his work. I own several pages of his original art from The Invisibles.

bill said...

I love Denzel when he does his tough guy thing.