Tuesday 10 August 2010

Back back back

Sorry for the two-week absence, I was on my summer hols, enjoying a near internet-free existence in sunnier and warmer climes than I normally inhabit.

And as to rub further salt into the post-holiday blues wound, it's pouring with rain as I write this in London. Boo-hoo.

Anyways, here's some stuff I missed while I was gone, beginning with two trailers of films that have guilty pleasure writ large all over them: Sucker Punch and Unstoppable



I was also thrilled to learn that Never Let Me Go has been announced as the opening film of the 54th London Film Festival on October 13. It's a no-brainer really. And an astonishing film.

6 comments:

Ishmael said...

So you've already seen Never Let Me Go?
Can you tell us a bit more about what you thought of it?

Mark Salisbury said...

Hi Ishmael. In answer to your questions: Yes. And not yet. Sorry.

Lloyd said...

Hurray, glad to see you're back, I've missed your updates, welcome back to the English summer...although it's bright sunshine & clear blue skies as I write this in Eastbourne!

Mark Salisbury said...

Thanks Lloyd, it's nice to be back... Well, sort of.

Sunny here in London, too, today. And apparently we've got good weather till the weekend which should help temper the post-holiday blues a while longer...

Gerard said...

Welcome back! Weather's godawful here too, if it's any consolation.

Seen Scott Pilgrim yet?

Mark Salisbury said...

Sunday. Can't wait.