Wednesday 3 September 2008

Post-festival funk

There's always a comedown when you re-enter the real world after a prolonged visit to a film festival where your priorities get bent seriously out of whack and life is dominated by screenings — in Venice they start at 8.30am with the final film of the day at around midnight and two competition films screening every night at 7/7.30 and 10/10.30, all of which leaves very little time to eat, much less sleep. I'm not asking for anyone's sympathy, just explaining while I'm a little tardy posting my final batch of Venice reviews, in case any of you out there were interested. Plus I took the afternoon off, seeing the Cy Twombly exhibition at the Tate Modern. Still, it's back to work tomorrow. I'm on set of Evil Aliens director Jake West's latest Doghouse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you say that we'll have all the reviews in the end posted on your blog, then i think we can forgive you! :-)

Was the exhibition good, by the way?

Mark Salisbury said...

I would have said I was a fan but I wasn't that impressed.