Friday 4 January 2008

"I'm as mad as hell..."

They have just released the Long List for the second round of BAFTA voting in which the list has been cut to fifteen entries per category (five for animated film) and I'm, er, perplexed at some of the inclusions and omissions. I don't want to get into it now because a) I don't want to say something I shouldn't and b) I'm not sure the list for public consumption, although last year Screen International did run a story about it. If someone else runs it, I'll share my views with you all...

5 comments:

Luke said...

Hey, I'd really appreciate it if you could link me to your source for the longlists, if possible.

My email is lwalsh.uk@googlemail.com

Thanks!

Mark Salisbury said...

I'm afraid I can't, it's available to BAFTA members only at the moment. Sorry.

Mark Salisbury said...

Variety.com has the Long List up at http://www.variety.com/awardcentral_article/VR1117978434.html?nav=news&categoryid=1941&cs=1

Karen@johnnydeppreads.com said...

I'm right with you as far as being mad as hell about the long list and I suspect I won't be any happier with the short list. Final nominees announced on the 16th Jan?

Gerard said...

Can't wait for your breakdown, Mark. Quite the odd list...