Thursday 17 January 2008

Mac Attack


I'm a Mac man. Have been for many, many years. PCs have never, ever done it for me. I don't like the double click thing for starters, and they're just not as "user-friendly". In fact, I'm writing this on what is my fourth Apple laptop in a row (a black MacBook to be precise) and while it's not been without its problems (applications quitting for NO REASON!), I have never been tempted to stray to the dark (PC) side. I love my iPod too, and I desperately want an iPhone but am determined to wait for the next generation model to arrive (a rumoured 3G version) before buying one.

In theory, though, I should have been delighted by the announcement on Tuesday of the MacBook Air. The world's thinnest laptop. Cool. Only I'm not. Sure, it looks damn sexy and weighs less than my current machine, but is almost twice as expensive than the MacBook Pro I really want and not as good spec-wise. And I, for one, actually like having a DVD/CD drive on my laptop. You know, for playing those shiny discs. [I love the irony that the MacBook Air comes with installation discs that have to be installed via another computer.]

And so, for the first time ever, I believe, a Mac Expo has passed without me enviously eyeing the latest products, and proclaiming "I WANT ONE!"

Just thought you should know.

Saved me a whole bunch of money too...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

while we're on a random topic... have you seen or do you know anything about "In Bruges"

http://mftm.blogspot.com/2007/11/in-bruges-2008-trailer.html

looks pretty hilarious.

oh a completely different and random note, i've finally STARTED watching the Harry Potter series. just finished "the chamber of secrets" and have now decided that it'd be a good idea to read the books as well.


just... um...


thought you might like to know that.


right.

Unknown said...

oh, and also... http://io9.com/346143/first-look-at-new-enterprise

cool.

Mark Salisbury said...

Nope, not seen In Bruges. But a friend of mine produced the director's Oscar-winning short. And she got nominated for a BAFTA this week... That was sort of random, right.

The only Potter films worth watching, so far, are 3 and 5. The first book's great, and short; thereafter they're good and long.

Just got back from Cloverfield. Very cool. Loud too. They didn't show the Trek trailer, though, so will have to see it online tomorrow. Nice pic though. Thanks for that...