Thursday 13 September 2007

LFF programme revealed

The Times BFI 51st London Film Festival unveiled its full programme this morning. Running from October 17 to November 1, this year's line up includes 184 features and 133 shorts, kicking off with David Cronenberg's Eastern Promises and including Ang Lee's Lust, Caution, Alexander Sokurov's Alexandra, Francois Ozon's Angel, Sean Penn's Into The Wild, Michael Haneke's Funny Games remake, Takeshi Kitano's Glory To The Filmmaker, Andrew Dominik's masterful The Assassination of Jesse James..., and Todd Haynes' I'm Not There which I missed in Venice.

I tend to look through the festival catalogue and gravitate towards those films that haven't yet secured a distributor. I've seen many hidden gems (including a lot of great music docs) that way over the years, films that didn't later turn up in cinemas, DVD or TV.

Tickets can be bought online at www.lff.org.uk or by telephone on: 020 7928 3232 from Saturday 29 September.

2 comments:

Gerard said...

Let us know how I'm Not There is! As a big Dylan fan, I'm really curious to find out more about what seems to be a very interesting film...

Mark Salisbury said...

Will do. Can't wait to see it myself.