Monday 21 June 2010

Film review: Toy Story 3

Toy Story 3
It's as good as you've heard. In fact, it's quite brilliant. It's as hugely satisfying, eminently enjoyable, and as expertly crafted as you'd expect from the folks at Pixar. You will laugh. You will cry. You will feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. You will wonder why all films can't be like this.

I could go on and on about the exquisite detail in the animation and how the script is so beautifully layered and nuanced that it scores on every level and for every age group. I could, but I won't. All I will say is this, if you haven't seen it, see it. And if you have, well, see it again. I know I will.

4 comments:

Gerard said...

It was good, wasn't it? I found the first two thirds a little too similar to what's come before but bejeweled with no shortage of wonderful flourishes, but then that final act... Perfection.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this!!! So pleased to hear that it lives up to expectations.

Unknown said...

**KINDA SPOILERS** brilliant on all levels. but, as an adult, i'm a little concerned about andy going off to college period. the boy is, well, still a boy and i worry about him adjusting to college life. also, what terrible parent sends her first born off to college alone after he had such a hard time parting with his toys?!

Withnail Books said...

Cannot. Blummen. Wait.