Tuesday 4 August 2009

What the f*%*?

Entertainment Weekly's Owen Gleiberman has compiled his list of 20 Top Horror Films of The Past 20 Years to which I say "You clearly haven't seen many horror films in the past 20 years mate because otherwise you wouldn't have included half the titles you have." Okay, so he's got Audition at number one which is an intriguing, left field choice, but to have included Drag Me To Hell, Hostel II and Planet Terror over any number of better, scarier titles is, frankly, insane. As is picking 28 Weeks Later over 28 Days Later. Just saying...

3 comments:

Gerard said...

These EW lists are always more along the lines of "Top 20 Films Which Fit Into This Category That I Can Recall At Short Notice and Didn't Suck," with a few left of field inclusions thrown in for good measure (28 Weeks Later over Days, Audition taking top rank).

This did remind me I've never seen The Kingdom, however. Enjoyed Kingdom Hospital though. And am just on my way out to Antichrist...

Mark Salisbury said...

Er, enjoy...

Mark Salisbury said...

I realise that having bashed his list, I'm going to have to come up with my own. Watch this space...