Monday 7 April 2008

Danny boy

Nice to see Daniel Craig using some of his newfound Bondian clout to help his mates out — namely music-video director Baillie Walsh whose feature debut Flashbacks Of A Fool Craig stars in and executive produces. The pair met on the set of John Maybury's 1998 Francis Bacon biopic, Love is the Devil (Walsh was Maybury's partner at the time). In Liz Hoggard's Independent On Sunday profile, Craig is quoted as saying: "We just hit it off immediately. He's made seminal musical videos such as Massive Attack's 'Unfinished Sympathy' and I love his work with INXS. Baillie is my closest male friend. He wrote the script [for Flashbacks...] about six years ago, with me in mind. I think it's semi-autobiographical for him, because he grew up in Clacton-on-Sea, but he knows there's lots of stuff in it I share feelings about. We've had an on-and-off goal of trying to get it off the ground. It just so happened that I did James Bond, and I think that helped a little bit."

No comments: